Food eponyms in PathologyCorrespondence Address :
Dr. Mourouguessine Vimal,
No.21, Narmatha Street, Vasanth Nagar, Muthialpet, Puducherry, India.
Pathology is an interesting and often challenging field. In many instances, Pathologists often hunt for clues to arrive at the diagnosis, in dark with a single beam of light. To make this tedious task more acceptable and more convenient, pathological findings are usually compared with food entities commonly used in our day to day life. Here, we have compiled pathological findings compared with certain food entities.
Eponymophilia, Metaphorical descriptions, Pathological findings
Mourouguessine Vimal, Anandabaskar Nishanthi. FOOD EPONYMS IN PATHOLOGY. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research [serial online] 2017 August [cited: 2018 Feb 24 ]; 11:EE01-EE06. Available from
Date of Submission: Mar 16, 2017
Date of Peer Review: Apr 15, 2017
Date of Acceptance: Apr 29, 2017
Date of Publishing: Aug 01, 2017
FINANCIAL OR OTHER COMPETING INTERESTS: None.
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Web of Science, thomsonreuters),
- Index Copernicus ICV 2016: 132.37,
- Academic Search Complete Database,
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ),
- Embase & EMbiology ,
- Google Scholar,
- HINARI Access to Research in Health Programme
- Indian Science Abstracts (ISA),
- Journal seek Database,
- Popline (reproductive health literature),